We have made several loot changes to the weapons that come out of chests strewn across the map and what can be crafted in the forge. Crafting Legendary weapons, often the first time you visit a forge, allowed players to increase their lethality at a rate that outpaced the armor collection. This resulted in a shorter time-to-kill in the mid game. Dropping Legendary loot in the world we hope makes it more exciting to hunt for loot and will smooth out the overall experience.
- Legendary weapons can no longer be crafted at the Forge.
- All class legendary weapons are elemental.
- Projectile weapons no longer have bloom.
- Spirit weapons have been renamed to Lightning and received projectile updates.
- Legendary weapons may now drop from chests and weapon chests.
- Elemental class specific weapons may now drop from chests, weapon chests, and zeppelin chests.
New Weapon! Auto Rifle
- Added to the game.
- Automatic rifle with a slow rate of fire.
Crossbow: Projectile speed and size improved.
- Reduced refire rate.
- Accuracy increased.
- Reworked damage falloff and damage per pellet.
- Renamed from Poison Pistol to Venom Pistol.
- Changed to hitscan.
- Damage and rate of fire increased and accuracy reduced.
- No longer drops at Epic or Legendary rarity.
- Projectile speed and size improved.
- Slug Rifle
- Projectile size improved.
- Added new forging sounds to help players know that a forge is active.
- Updated footstep audio to vary between surface materials.
- Improved forge and skydive audio.
- Improved audio cues for hitmarkers and damage alerts.
- Added sound effects for using health and armor potions.
- Added different sound effects for when you deal headshot damage, armor damage, and regular damage.
- Added new sound effects for taking damage from Sniper Rifle.
Overall, it’s another great patch with a ton of needed balancing. Which should lead to more intense gun fights, which in turn are less one-sided.
We’ll be playing it heavily over the next few days to see the effects first-hand, and it’s worth noting that there may be a another smaller tweak/balancing patch in the next few days – following the same pattern as the last patch.