Hitboxes for certain weapons were too large and were reduced. All weapons use the same hitbox now. These include: Longbow, Heirloom Rifle, Plasma Launcher, Poison Pistol, Revolver, Stone Spear, Throwing Axe.
Crossbow: Damage increased from 300/375/450/525 to 350/440/530/610.
Longbow: Damage reduced from 1000 to 900.
- Damage reduced from 400/500/600/700 to 350/440/530/610.
- Clip size reduced from 8 to 6.
- Refire time increased from 0.8 to 0.9.
- Decreased the audio volume of firing at long distances.
- Increase projectile Speed increased from 500 to 600.
- Total damage per burst increased from 336/408/504/600 to 360/480/600/720.
Rifle: Renamed to Slug Rifle.
Shotgun: Clip size increased from 4 to 5.
- Damage reduced from 1200 to 1100.
- Audio improvements to the projectile and bullet impact.
- Damage per shot increased from 275 to 300.
- Projectile Speed increased from 450 to 600.
Sword: Damage reduced from 550/700/850/1000 to 500/630/750/880.
Armor gain for all items has been changed from 50/100/200/300 to 100/160/220/300.
- Decreased the distance that players can hear zeppelins.
- Decreased the fog horn volume.
- Fixed an issue where pickup sounds could play as players cycled to new players in spectator, becoming eliminated, turning into a chicken, or changing classes.
- Added more ambient environmental sounds.
- Increased the distance that players could hear the edge of the fog.
- Made various improvements to weapon and ability volume levels.
- Adjusted the volume of the forging audio effects.
- Made various improvements to UI and HUD sounds.
- Classes now have more unique movement sounds.
- Increased the range that players can hear other players landing from a skydive
All weapons use the same hitbox now. These include:
- Longbow, Heirloom Rifle, Plasma Launcher, Poison Pistol, Revolver, Stone Spear, Throwing Axe.”
Overall, it’s a great update. HiRez are really doing exactly what they said they’d do – ‘Listen to the Community’
They’re actively hearing out players complaints and suggestions and implementing them to to improve the game for us. Which is refreshing, as many developers push out their own vision regardless of pushback from the fanbase.
Arguably the most important updates for this patch are the huge hitbox improvements (for the likes of Warrior Axe); “Hitboxes for certain weapons were too large and were reduced” – And now all weapons use the same hitbox.
With the huge damage nerf, this update will drastically change the overall play style and class meta. Especially when it comes to item forge prioritisation. Instead of hunters rushing to get the bow. they’re now pushed into a slower game of building Armour and Spells.
As mentioned before – the damage buff to Mages now means that they’ll compete for top spot on DPS. So watch out for the incoming swarm of Mages!